Innis & Gunn Beer Kitchen @ Ashton Lane, Glasgow

Anyone a fan of Innis & Gunn beer? Anyone live in Glasgow? Then you should definitely check out the Innis & Gunn Beer Kitchen on Ashton Lane! 


Not gonna lie, I actually hate beer. But according to a 'beer expert', Innis & Gunn do good beer! If you're like me and think that all beer tastes like dirty water though, this place does really nice flavoured ciders too! 

Most importantly, however, this place does amazing food! For a beer kitchen, I obviously thought the main focus would be on the beer. I wasn't expecting much of the food if I'm being honest. But it was so good! 


I would never normally choose a hot dog at a restaurant but for some reason, I was really craving one this night. Probably because I had come straight from an oral assessment so I was stressed out of my mind and not thinking straight. And good thing too, because this hot dog was incredible. 

I know, I know. What can be so great about a hot dog? And to be honest, I don't know. But something about this hot dog was fantastic. It was actually one of the best hot dogs I have ever had. And plus it was topped with cheese and bacon, so you can't really go wrong with that. Not gonna lie, £11 is pretty expensive for a hot dog but if you're going to spend money on something, it might as well be this!


And their slow cooked chicken bhuna. Boy, oh boy. It was good. And so much chicken! Normally you get a curry and there's maybe 4 cubes of chicken in there but this had so much shredded chicken in it! It was actually a proper chicken curry. Not just mostly curry sauce and some bits of chicken floating in there. The only thing was, it was incredibly spicy. I mean, maybe my tolerance is really low but I couldn't eat much of it. Before my mouth burnt, it tasted great though! 


If you're a beer lover, you're going to love this place. You can see all the brewing equipment and they have such a choice of unique beers that they obviously make themselves and the bar staff really know their stuff. Obviously the food was really good so I enjoyed it, but I feel like you can only truely appreciate this place if you're a beer lover yourself or you go with one so you can watch them geek out over it. 

Either way, I highly recommend a visit to this place if you're in the West End of Glasgow. 

Let me know what you think! Beer lover or not!

Comments

Popular Posts