Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken

I don't remember if I've mentioned this before, but Ashleigh (my flatmate for all those that don't know) got me a slow cooker for my christmas! I've been browsing the internet to try and find some new slow cooker recipes so I can properly break it in and I found this great recipe on an article on Buzzfeed! That app sure does come in handy!

Anyway, the recipe is for a slow cooker coconut curry cashew chicken. Its really creamy and spicy and flavourful and you can put it all in the pot at the beginning of the day and then have it be ready for when you're home! It takes 5 hours to cook on low or 2 hours to cook on high. 

You throw all the chicken and potatoes and peppers (I didn't have peppers in the flat when I made this so I just added more potatoes) and spices into the pot...


... and then add the liquid! Minus the coconut milk. That goes in about 15 minutes before the dish is finished cooking.


You let it simmer away nicely and then you end up with your final delicious product!


I added a slurry into the slow cooker (the recipe tells you how to make that) cause I like the sauce to be a bit thicker then it would have been without the added cornstarch. 

You guys should definitely give this recipe a try if you have a slow cooker! Even if you don't have one, I'm sure you can put all the ingredients in a pot and simmer it for about an hour and it will turn out just as delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts