Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf!

For all you Starbucks lovers out there, you probably know about their lemon loaf AKA the best thing ever. It is so good. Really. My mum discovered it, fell in love with it, and then requested that I make it for her. I was more than happy to oblige seeing as I love it too.


This recipe is spot on in copying the exact taste of the actual Starbucks lemon loaf. It is just so ridiculously good. So much so that it is quite addictive and you could easily eat the whole loaf by yourself in one sitting. Even without the icing its amazing. I'm not a massive fan of icing and I can never quite make it right so I just didn't bother when I made it this time.
It is so moist and light and fluffy and lemoney. That might sound like a pretty stupid thing to say seeing as its lemon loaf so of course its going to taste like lemon, but this is the first recipe I've seen that calls for lemon extract. Lemon oil or lemon juice just don't cut it in this recipe. You need the hard stuff. And you can really taste it in it. Its just got such a strong hint of lemon in it and its amazing.  


I made it a couple of nights ago cause I thought I had all the ingredients in the flat but I'd forgotten that the recipe calls for a cup of sour cream or greek yoghurt. I really couldn't be bothered to trek out into the cold and wet just to get a cup of yoghurt so I had a look around to see what other things we had lying around that I could substitute. Luckily I had just enough cream cheese left in the fridge and it turns out that that works amazingly in it! It didn't make it taste any different and if anything, it made the loaf even more light and fluffy!


Let me know how much you like this recipe and if it compares to the real deal or not!

Comments

Popular Posts