Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake! And a recipe for pumpkin pie spice

I know I've missed Thanksgiving which is when you normally have pumpkin pie flavoured anything, but who says you can't have pumpkin pie any time of the year!

I first started looking for pumpkin flavoured desserts around Halloween time. You know, Halloween = everything pumpkin-y. 
Unfortunately, pumpkin puree isn't easy to come by in the UK. You can buy it in Waitrose, but there isn't one of those by me so I had to buy it online. Thank god for Amazon!

I made these pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies;  http://dearcrissy.com/pumpkin-chocolate-chunk-cookies and they were so delicious and so easy to make. They take about 5 minutes to make the mixture and then 10 minutes to cook. I was a bit worried they weren't cooked properly because they didn't feel like normal cookie texture, but I think its just because of the pumpkin puree. They have a slightly more doughy texture which I actually really liked. They are also incredibly addictive. I made like 60+ cookies and they were gone by the next day. Oops...

The best thing I made was this classic pumpkin spice cheesecake though. http://homemadehooplah.com/recipes/classic-pumpkin-spice-cheesecake/ It is so unbelievably good. I made it first for Halloween and then made it again this past weekend for my sister and brother-in-law.


The texure and creaminess of a classic cheesecake, but with the added bonus of the flavour of pumpkin pie. Again, I couldn't find pumpkin pie spice anywhere so in its place I used: 1tsp of pumpkin pie spice = 1/2 tsp of cinnamon + 1/4 tsp of nutmeg + 1/4 tsp of ginger. It tastes just as good! And smells amazing.

My next pumpkin pie flavoured task, is to make this chocolate cinnamon swirl pumpkin brioche bread: http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4602879780&blog=4090832
I might make it once I've finished uni for Christmas to give myself a relaxing baking session to congratulate myself for making it through the first term!

If anyone makes any of these recipes, let me know what you think of them! And how they turn out! Happy baking!


Comments

Popular Posts