Break from revision with some yummy Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake

 I'm right in the middle of exam period at the moment (give me a shout if you're in the same position), so my average outfit each day looks like the one on the left. Sweatpants, cosy socks and the boyfriends jumper. I mean, there's no point in getting dressed in proper clothes just to drag yourself from your bed to your desk, so you might as well stay comfy... right?
I don't know about you, but I'm not one of those people who can go study in the library. There's just too many people around and I can't concentrate, so I have to stay in my room in order to revise. This results in me staying indoors 24.7. There's some days where Ashleigh and I go to lock the door at night before we go to sleep and realise that we haven't actually unlocked it that day at all i.e. we haven't stepped a foot outside of the flat. *Sigh* revision consumes us.







 There was a slight respite from the tortures of exam period just over a week ago however, seeing as it was Ashleigh's 21st!! Woo! Instead of starting my day off (and then continuing it) with a cup of tea, I added (multiple) glasses of champagne to the mix. Very extravagent, right?
It got even more extravagent, as we combined our bottle of pink champagne (and my cup of tea) with the peanut butter cheesecake I made for her. Look at how ridiculous that picture of our breakfast looks. It tasted just as ridiculous as well. It was so amazing but with every glorious bite, you couldn't help but think how many calories you were putting into your body. It was essentially a brownie crust with a filling of cream cheese, condensed milk, peanut butter and whipped cream, and then topped off with reese's pieces. I really want to make it again but I feel like I should maybe wait at least a month, otherwise I will balloon to the size of a whale if I keep on eating it. Pretty sure it was well over 5000 calories... oops! So worth it though.


Thanks to this blog for the recipe! http://recipesfoodandcooking.com/2015/04/05/peanut-butter-brownie-no-bake-cheesecake/ It talks about 'cool whip' in the ingredients but I just used canned whipped cream cause we don't get that in the UK. I feel like you could totally make it without that though. Was essentially just unnecessary calories. So if you're wanting to impress someone with a decedent dessert, you should definitely make this! Let me know if you do and if you like it or not! Also let me know if you're going through exams and revision as well and how its all going!

Comments

Popular Posts