Latteria Mozzarella Bar! [Singapore]

I really love getting all dressed up and going out to a good bar. But do you know what I love even more? Getting all dressed up and going out to a good MOZZARELLA bar.

Latteria is Singapore's biggest mozzarella bar, offering a huge selection of homemade Italian mozzarella's. It's in Duxton Hill which I had never been to before last week, but it is definitely one of my favourite areas in Singapore now. It has loads of different wine bars and restaurants that all look so good. I'll definitely have to go back there a few times to try and visit them all.

I absolutely love mozzarella, so to have a restaurant dedicated solely to it, is like a dream come true. The menu starts off with a 'mozzarella glossary', describing all the different types of mozzarella. I didn't even know there were that many types, but apparently there are!
The waiter we had was so helpful as well. I wish I could remember his name so I could put it down but unforunately I can't :( He was really helpful with telling us all about the different dishes, and giving us his recommendations. He even said he would get the kitchen to do us this starter of mozzarella wrapped in parma-ham because we couldn't make up our minds about what we wanted. 


 How great does that look? Roasted peppers covered with a layer of parma-ham and then a huge portion of mozzarella on top. It was plenty for the three of us. I was actually pretty full after it and I didn't know if I was going to be able to eat my main course or not. But of course I tried my very hardest....



 I decided to go for the Baked Penne al Telefono, per the advice of the waiter because he said it was one of his favourite dishes. Even though it seems pretty simple cause its just pasta in a tomato and cheese sauce, it is still so delicious. Its so rich and creamy and gooey from all the mozzarella that's in there. I would definitely order this again. I probably wouldn't have a starter again though, just because its mainly just cheese and its so filling that I wasn't able to finish my main course. 

The only downside to this place was that the inside, where we were sitting, was sooo noisy. There must have been something about the way the place was built because you could barely hear each other talk over the sounds of everyone else. It probably didn't help that there was a really loud, annoying group of girls there who were full on shouting at each other. So unnecessary. They have a really nice outside seating area though so I would definitely try and book to sit there next time I go. 


After dinner we decided to walk around the area to find another bar so we could have another glass of wine. There was no shortage of different wineries and bars to choose from. We ended up sitting down at Etna, an Italian restaurant that looked really nice as well. I think the waiter was very confused when he came to take our orders seeing as we just ordered wine and ice-cream... but we'd already eaten! He was very impressed with my 'Italian choice' of a pinot grigio though, so I think that made up for the lack of food that we ordered.
The vanilla ice cream that I had was really good. It didn't taste like your average, store-bought vanilla ice-cream. They definitely made it themselves. It was really light and refreshing with a really pure flavour of vanilla in it. It was the perfect way to end the night - with some ice-cream and wine.


Even if you don't end up going to Latteria, you should definitely make the time to go to Duxton Hill because I can promise you that you will find somewhere there that you'll want to try. I was writing down a list of the different places I was passing on my phone so I can go back and eat at them the next time I go, and I can guarantee that you'll be doing the same!

Comments

Popular Posts