Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!

I love how every family has different traditions for the different events that happen throughout the year. For example, my friend Millie celebrates Easter by going out for champagne brunch and my other friend, Jess, celebrates by going out for Dim sum.
Our family's celebration also has a large orientation around food, but, because of the younger two, the day has a big concentration on the fun things you used to do when you were younger. Liiiike decorating eggs and having an easter egg hunt, and rolling the decorated eggs down a hill.

We started our easter celebrations yesterday when the kids painted and drew on their hard boiled eggs. I was sitting with them whilst they were doing it and showing them pictures from the awwclub  instagram page (just loads of pictures of cute animals). They were laughing hysterically at the pictures of the dogs with funny faces and the squirrels and hamsters with their mouths stuffed full with food.

Then this morning we woke up and went downstairs to see if the easter bunny had come during the night. Surprise, surprise, of course he had!
The kids were running around trying to find all the hidden easter eggs and oh my goodness they got so competitive! Hunting for chocolate is obviously no laughing matter. It was basically like an easter version of The Hunger Games.
The easter bunny obviously thought that I was too old for an easter egg hunt so he/she made it easy for me and just left my egg outside my bedroom door.



Great choice by the easter bunny. Love me some Flake. 

It was off to church after that and it was absolutely packed. Like reaching the 700 people level. It's an old building as well so its all open arch ways with no air-con and only fans way up high for any sort of source of a breeze. As you can imagine, a packed church in Singapore was not the most pleasant environment to be in. I was sweating buckets and using my order of service as a make-shift fan to try and give me any sort of relief from the overbearing heat. But other than that it was a good service.

After a small lunch out, we all went back to the house and the biggies all went for a nap. I honestly think naps are one of the best things ever. I should live in Spain just so that I can parttake in daily siesta's. 
As soon as I woke up I went downstairs to start on my cheesecake. I've posted the recipe before and it was still just as yummy as ever. However it was kind of a fail getting the cake off the bottom of the cake tin and I ended up completely squashing it so it didn't look very appetising at all.... :(
In between making the base of the cheesecake and the filling, we all went outside to watch the kids roll their eggs down the hill in the shared garden area. Kind of upset I didn't get to smash an egg to pieces on the ground but I guess I'm too old for doing that now.... What a let down.

Because of how long the lamb took to cook and the fact that we had to wait for my cheesecake to finish cooking in the oven (plus we had all gone for a nap), we didn't have dinner till about 8. So late! Especially seeing as I normally have dinner at like 5:30 in Glasgow because I get hungry so early.
It was worth waiting for though. We had smoked salmon and cappers and salmon cavier stuffed eggs and they were so yummy. It basically tasted like scrambled eggs with smoked salmon but with an extra kick of salt from the cappers. The highlight of the meal though was the lamb. I looove lamb and I don't actually eat it that much. I'm not a mint sauce and lamb kind of girl though.. don't really see the appeal of mint. Don't like it in drinks either. I do like it in chocolate though which is weird. The roast potatoes were also to die for which is strange because I'm not normally a fan of roast potatoes. I just think they're normally the worst part of a meal so I leave them till the end and then I'm too full to eat them. These ones were really good though. 

All in all, it was a pretty good easter! And I still have a whole chocolate egg to eat and 3 Flake bars! Drool.

How did everyone else spend their Easter? Any family traditions you have? Get any easter eggs? Let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts