Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake!

I just want to start off by saying... I'm done with exams!! Yaaaay! I'm officially on Christmas holidays. Woo!
Anyway, on to the point of this blog post. I was down in Edenbridge a few weekends ago, visiting my sister and her fiance. Her future in-laws were coming over for dinner on the Sunday for a roast and I was in charge of dessert, so I decided to make a cappuccino fudge cheesecake. Its a pretty decadent dessert and it takes a while to make so this is definitely something you would only make on special occassions. However it is definitely worth it cause it looks really impressive and it tastes so good. Its ridiculously rich so you only need a tiny slice, but that slice will be so good. I guarantee it.






There are so many different stages to  this dessert, but the first one is to make the biscuit base and then the chocolate layer. You have to let it cool for a wbile till the chocolate layer has solidified. 





Next you have to make the filling which has loads of different ingredients in it, and pour it on top of the chocolate ganache. Put the cheesecake into the oven for an hour until it looks like......





..... this!






And now onto the topping! This part only has 3 ingredients in it so its not that much work.





Pour it on top of the cheesecake and put it back into the oven for 10-15 minutes until the topping has set.




 And voila! The finished product. Its pretty big and like I said, its so rich that you only need a tiny slice so this will last you for ages. The recipe calls for you to reserve some of the chocolate ganache to decorate the top of the cheesecake with but I couldn't be bothered to do that and I knew it wouldn't look as good as the pictures in the recipe so what was the point? Well, that was my thinking.





Look how pretty it looks! I love that you can clearly see the different layers. I was so impressed with myself when I made this, if I do say so myself! Its a good dessert to make if you're looking to impress someone with your culinary skills.







Anyone looking to make this really yummy, rich, chocolately mocha flavoured cheesecake, here is the recipe: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/11/cappuccino-fudge-cheesecake/

Comments

Popular Posts