Relevant Quotes

I have this problem where I suck at expressing how I feel. Like, I just go silent and nothing comes out. My family hates it. But anyway, I think thats why I like all these little quotes/poems because they express how I'm feeling without me having to say anything. 
I thought I would share some of them that feel really relevant to me right now (or were relevant in the past) and maybe they'll help other people or express how someone is feeling but can't quite put into words. 


The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman's love with no intention of loving her. [Bob Marley]

It's so difficult to describe depression to someone who's never been there, because it's not sadness. I know sadness. Sadness is to try and to feel. But it's that cold absence of feeling - that really hollowed out feeling. [J.K. Rowling] 

It's okay that you chose her. We always choose the wrong people for ourselves. After all, I chose you. [N/A]

She was the kind of girlfriend God gives you young, so you'll know loss for the rest of your life. [Junot Diaz, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao]

I don't care that you got into drugs for three months straight, or how much sleep you lost in that period. I don't care that you went home and fucked that person and woke up at 6am hating everything about yourself, or that you smoked so much you sounded as though your lungs were giving out.
You're not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness.
You're just human, and being human means you need to survive and you do so whichever way you deem fit. Fuck what everyone else thinks. [N/A]

I didn't want you to only fuck me, I wanted you to love me. But I didn't know what to convince you with besides my body. [Lora Mathis, Hot Winds, Holy Thoughts] [This is probably the quote that resonates most with me right now and is something that I'm finding really difficult.]

And the most important quote which I really have to take to heart and try and drill into my head:
Other people are not medicine. [N/A]

Comments

Popular Posts